Friday, October 28, 2016

Today is the last Friday in October...goodness...I have..no had a plan for today.  The plan was to finish up a pineapple doily that is the last of an order...who knows I still may get to it.  I got sidetracked and ended up cleaning up my bedroom from the ceiling fan down to the floor.  I don't know how that one room gets so dusty and yucky..but it does.  Anyway it is done now.  I also need to run out and pick up a few things at the store.  I don't know why I seem to be the one that has to pick up groceries.  I don't like shopping at all...I think I need a maid or something..

Anyway I am taking a break and sitting in my craft/thread room and realize that I need to get in here and put the pile of patterns up.  I have binders that I keep most of my patterns and pattern books in.  And for the most part I know where each pattern is although I still make such a mess looking for the "perfect" pattern or the one I am in the mood to make...so now I have a pile that I really need to deal with. 

Oh I received more thread..more Alize Miss...this time it is the Melange line...it is like a variegated thread, but there is no white in the colors. So it is more like shaded..you know..when the green has different colors of green and gradually changes color...but this has no white..and All of the Alize Miss line co-ordinates with each other....so I now have the self striping Alize Miss Batik, the solid Alize Miss, and now the variegated Alize Miss Melange..and the colors all mix and match....I have a shawl pattern I am going to try and work with all three of them to see how it works together. 

BabyLo has been marked down to $4.00 a ball...I think I have decided not to reorder it....for a few reasons...I can't know that what I order is what I will receive, I don't know when the stuff will arrive, and I don't know if it will be backordered or not...and I cannot have money taken out of my account without knowing about it first....so unless I have a change of heart...I don't think I will be ordering anymore.  Don't get me wrong...it is some of the best thread I have ever worked with...if it were a more dependable delivery system I would continue to carry it.

OK want to see the new thread colors of Alize Melange? 




There are 11 colors of this thread.....all co ordinate with the others in the Alize Miss line of size 10 cotton mercerized thread..there is 309 yards to a ball...  you can find it in my shop.  Stop by to have a look  Byhooks4u.etsy.com  you can just click the link at the top right of my page.....  

Remember to be safe this Halloween ...Have a wonderful weekend

2 comments:

Sondra Millard said...

Vikki, I received my large black doilie today and I must tell you that your work is exquisite. I opened the package and it took my breath away. It's perfect! I don't know how to post a picture for you but I sent you a friend request on Facebook! Thank you again so very much!

Sondra Millard
Mojo Quilt Designs and Dyes
www.shesgotmojo.com

Kathryn Vercillo said...

Pretty thread colors!